Sunday, July 08, 2007

Celebrating the 4th on the beach

Yes, I am one of those people who dresses anything that will hold still in red white and blue on the 4th. But don't they look cute! Abbey's shirt says firecracker which I thought was extremely fitting. Anyway, we were on the beach to watch the fireworks that the Blue Parrot restaurant shot off. Their fireworks display was 20 times better than their service and 10 times better than their food. (Can you tell how impressed I was with them?)

The kids played with sparklers and then we dug for crabs in the sand. Other people were having more luck because they were using their flashlights and we were following the rules and using the "turtle friendly" LED lights that the rental place gave us when we checked in. Apparently the flashlights confuse the little hatchlings and they can't find the ocean. The LED lights are not crab hunting friendly and we didn't catch any but the kids looked at the lucky kids crabs next to us...oops-no mom of the year award for that one!

All in all we had a great 4th of July!! We headed back to the house after that and hit the hey, Mary crying all the way. She was more than exausted by the end of the day. So I threw her in the shower and put her in the bed wet head and all. I love that Josh and Abbey are past that point and can pretty much take care of themselves in the major departments. They did and everyone was asleep 30 min after we got home.

I will have to write about our dining experiences in St. George next. You will be rolling with laughter at the things these servers did! I wasn't at the time but now it's funny...good thing they added in their gratuity!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I posted on your myspace to post pics of the beach before i checked your blog! It sounds like ya'll had a blast! I LOVE St. George, but we haven't been in a few years. It's gotten a little pricy for us! Glad you got to relax some though! I look forward to when my kids can do more for themselves so I can enjoy myself a bit!!!!

Amber said...

looks like yall had a blast.. who knew abbie was 16? she looks so grown up, i cannot believe it. the kids are lucky that they got your dark skin!

mk said...

Sounds like you had a great time. We went to St George last Summer; however your experience makes it sound like a completely different place than where we were - I guess it's the difference in the ages of the kids. We're going back to Gulf Shores this year. We leave in about 2 weeks and I can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I love how Mary swings her hip out for every picture...so much sass in such a little person!! :)