Thursday, July 19, 2007

Abbey's new room























Sorry, my pictures are in reverse order (no blogger of the year award for me), but whatever it works. We have spent this week getting Abbey's new room fixed. All of them have been in one big room together since we moved in November and I wanted to get her moved before school started. We had an extra room that was filled with boxes and unused funiture. It took 2 days to get everything moved and organized in the basement. Chris was a huge help in that process. It was painted two shades of greenish brown...not what Abbey wanted. So I patched all the nail holes and sanded it down a little, vacuumed the walls with a friend's shop vac and we got started!!
At first everyone wanted to help...Tom's friends all thought it was fun, too! The thrill wore off and I finished it myself. That's fine though, because there is something theraputic to me about painting. I don't think it's the act itself but rather seeing the finished product and knowing you have accomplished something completely. Plus, it looks pretty! Abbey picked the colors herself with only a tad of guidence and I think she did a great job. I told her Nana (who is a great home decorator) would be proud of her-hahahaha.
She also picked out her comforter set and I got her approval on the sheets we bought (then we found a matching gown...too cute). I wanted her new room to be exactly what she wanted. She loves horses and so that is more or less her theme. She has plenty of room to add to her decorations but I only have so much money at the present time to spend on her room so some things have to wait. She gets that and she's happy with what we have done so far. I have some cute painter pics I'll post later of all the kids helping me. I didn't want a mile of pics on one post!

6 comments:

mk said...

Abbey's room looks great! I love the colors. I thought it looked like the gown matched the sheets - that's really neat.

Anonymous said...

I like her room! I need to come see it, I haven't been there in forever! Plus, I need to have her over soon before she goes back to school. (Just a bit late on the birthday spend-the-night!)

amy said...

YEA for Abbey! I know she is stoked to have a room to herself. hilarious that she has a nightgown that perfectly matches her sheets! she is almost camouflaged when she is lying down!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job mom!!! I know she loves it. Now... just 2 more to go!!

starbuck said...

maybe just one more. if Mary refuses to sleep in her own bed, she certainly doesn't need her own bedroom!

Anonymous said...

you did a great job on the room jenn. this totally says abbey. can't wait to see it in person.