Thursday, June 15, 2006

Jay and Barbie



Jay got married June 11th at 12pm at Chateau Elan to his new wife Barbara An Glinka (Barbie). It was a beautiful ceremony but extremely hot.
I apparently caught them right before they smiled. I assure you they did willingly marry each other. It amazes me how much Jay looks like my dad when dad was in his 20s and before he got so sick. I wish he could have been there.
They chose to do a sand pouring ceremony instead of the unity candle because they were outside and didn't want the candles to go out. I had never seen this before, but I thought it was pretty cool. There ended up being a lot more pink in that bottle than silver, which Barbie commented on to the crowd. They are on their honeymoon now cruising to the Bahamas. They should be back on Saturday. We are happy to have a new sister-in-law (even if she is a bean pole). Congrats to Jay and Barbie!

3 comments:

mk said...

i know what you mean about the heat. we went to an outside wedding on saturday and darrell's head got burned a little. it looks like the wedding was just beautiful, though. i like the sand pouring idea - what a great way to illustrate the two becoming one.

Amber said...

congrats to ken and barbie.. oh wait, i mean jay.

amy said...

i can't believe jay is old enough to be married, i think he was 14 or so the last time i saw him. he is all grown up! awwww! it actually makes me feel old to see those pictures. i am feeling every second of my 29 years!