Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Easy Pleaser Snack

This is so simple, but my kids loved it. We came back from a trip and I had almost nothing in the house as far as groceries because I was sure to use it before we left so nothing went bad. I didn't exactly think that all the way through now did I. I didn't feel like going to the store as soon as I got home after being up most of the night, so I had to use what I had on hand which was almost nothing. So here's what I did for a snack lunch:

Bean Burrito Roll-Ups

1 can refried beans
3/4 cup mexican blend cheese
2 heaping tbsp salsa
flour tortillas

Mix beans, cheese, and salsa and spread thinly on a tortilla. Wrap up tightly and slice into 1" pieces. Bake in oven at 325 for about 10 min. Serve with sourcream or ranch dressing.

The tortilla gets a little crunchy in the oven - yumm! And there is no mess!

It's so simple, but I love when people share their "easy pleaser" recipes. You can never have too many with kids.

4 comments:

mk said...

Thanks for the recipe - I'll have to give it a try.

amy said...

yum... we might be having those for lunch on sunday. i am always looking for quick sunday lunches because the boys are ready for naptime when we get home from church. thanks!

Amber said...

thanks betty crocker- that my kind of cooking.. more than 2 steps and im lost.

Unknown said...

lets' hear it for fast (fairly)nutritious meals!!! I'm all over that one sister!!!!! love ya