Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Gotta Get A Little Mud On The Tires


We went to Fort Yargo State Park today up in Winder. The beach was great, much to my surprise. I was expecting Lake Lanier quality, but the Yargo beach was extremely clean...no goose poop! Wednesday happens to be free admission day, so that was an added bonus. We stayed for a good three or four hours playing in the water and then in the sand. I love watching my kids make friends with complete strangers and then play with them all day like they've been friends forever. Plus an added bonus for me is that my hair loves nothing more than lake water. It will look amazing for the next two days...yes, I washed it when I got home. I don't know what's in it and I'm sure I don't want to, but my hair is happy.
Then we went to my friend Melanie's house and had burgers and outdoor entertainment!! Her husband, Adam, gave Abbey her first 4 wheelin' lesson. She did pretty well for her first time and ended up riding for probably an hour and a half...well into dark anyway. After she got the hang of shifting gears, which took a while, she came to ask Adam exactly how fast that thing would go. He assured her there was not enough room in his back yard to open her up. She was okay with that and went back to her present speed which I thought was plenty fast enough. I think she would have rode all night if we had let her. The first time I told her it was about time to get off she cackled, "you'll never take me alive!". I found that amusing so she rode for another 5 minutes or so and then we proved her wrong. Josh took a turn with Adam riding with him and did not like it at all. He got in one whole lap and decided that it was too fast for him. It's funny how night and day he and Abbey are.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The difference between the two really is amusing sometimes. But I'm not at all surprised that Abbey loved a 4-wheeler!

Amber said...

im kind of jealous of her on the 4-wheeler.

starbuck said...

josh sais he made 5 friends at the beach. "oh, & 1 more right before we left. i can't remember his name, though..."

amy said...

i'm totally jealous of the 4-wheeling! and what is better about your hair after playing in the lake? i'm curious!!

Jennifer said...

It makes my hair look better. I don't know why. It is the 8th wonder! My sister-in-law will totally back my claim though!

Anonymous said...

Even ATV's love to get mud